Monday, April 25, 2011

Marballistic?

When i first looked at this picture i just saw a bunch of kids staring at this marble. I wondered why they were so far away from it. Its as if they are scared of this little glass ball. After pondering about this picture i realized that it has more of a meaning than just some random kids staring at a marble. To these kids the marble is so much more than just a glass ball. This marble is their world summed up and locked tight in a glass ball. They wonder how can such a little object can be so interesting. The marble symbolizes a simple thing with a whole lot of meaning. Questions come to mind when i think about what these kids could be thinking about this random marble. Where did it come from? What is it? The marble is two different colors. What could that possibly mean? Why is it round? Can i touch it? Can i have it? Or they could just be looking at it because they have nothing else to do.  Who knows? When i was a kid i loved marbles! I thought they were the coolest things ever! I would take a marble and put it my pockcet and think of it as a good luck charm. I believed that everywhere i went i would have good luck as long as there was a marble in my pocket. Today i have marbles in my car and the will never go away for they are stuck under my passenger side seat. I have tried to unbolt the seat to get the marbles out but is physically impossible! So for years there have been marbles in my car and i look at them as a good luck charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment